Thai Acrylic Fiber Co., Ltd.
WHAT IS PILLING ?
“Pilling” is a fabric surface fault in which “PILLS” of entangled fiber cling to cloth surface giving a bad appearance to the garment. The entanglements of loose fibers that appear on the fabric surface are called PILLS.
WHY SWEATERS PILL MORE ?
> Yarn has Low Twist.
> Structure is open to impart bulk
> Trend is towards Finer Denier which Pill more
Birla Acrylic® Anti-Pill Fiber Benefits
1. Pilling Grade of 4-4.5 (ICI Pill Box Test)*
2. New Look Even after Prolonged Use/Washing. .lasts for the lifetime.
3. Soft Touch, Excellent Wearer Comfort.
4. Lighter in Weight Compared to Other Fibers Like Cotton, Polyester, Silk etc.
5. Cashmere-Like special super-soft touch in even yarn dyed varieties.
6. Versatile Textile Applications, Can be Blended with any Natural and Synthetic Fiber.
* Pilling grade also depends on Yarn Twist, Fabric Construction and Blends