28.01.2017 - 31.01.2017 — Hall: 4.0 Stand: D 09
The first company that comes to mind when talking about stationery in Turkey, and now a tradition, Adel started operating when its first factory was established in Istanbul – Kartal, 1969. Adel’s pencils and stationery products, both of high quality, have became well known in Turkey and took an important place in education of endless generations. Adel is, except for paper products, both in terms of output and product range, the biggest stationery manufacturer of Turkey and nearby countries. Adel produces 13% of wood-cased pencils throughout Europe. Since its foundation, Adel has had cooperations with Faber-Castell, the world’s oldest pencils factory. They have reinforced their partnerships via a partnership in 1995, and with this partnership, Adel continues its investments which add value to Turkey. ince its foundation, Adel has grown steadily and took a great step – in September 2011, getting its strength from its cooperation of many years with Faber-Castell and Anadolu Group’s nationwide experience, it established “LLC Faber-Castell Anadolu” company in Russia.
In 2013, Adel launched its children oriented new brand, Adeland. Apart from its coloring pencils, crayons and watercolor paint, Adeland has broken a new ground and introduced a new and entertaining world to children, creating their own characters, countries, entertainment sets and stories. Adel has gone public in 1996 and today, it’s 27,70% share is traded at Borsa Istanbul. We achieved a 14% growth in 2015, compared to the sales of previous year. We are proud of our growth rate which ranks above Turkey average. We are continuing our steady growth. Our revenue has nearly doubled in the last 5 years. We are among the first 25 companies in average dividend yields.
Adel, as the leader of stationery sector, manufactures wood-cased lead pencils, coloring and copying pencils, ball point pens, mechanical leads and graphites, liquid ink pens, markers, crayons, watercolor paints, erasers, finger paints, modeling clays, and gouache paints in its production plant in Cayirova. Today, Adel is in charge of marketing and sales of Faber-Castell, Graf von Faber-Castell, Adel, Adeland, Eberhard Faber, Atlas and Mark brands with 4.500 types of products, which are all produced in Turkey and imported.
Adel, having celebrated its 45th year in 2014, is currently exporting to nearly 60 countries. It has moved to its new production plant in Çayırova in 2015, and with its experience in retail sector and a wide network of dealers, is now the leader of a new track. After many diligent studies and market researches for more than two years, it entered into toys industry with world famous brands like Auldey, Lotus, WOW and NICI apart from its own brand Adeland.
Adel in Numbers
1) 4.500 types of products
2) Export to nearly 60 countries
3) Production of approximately 270 million pieces per year
4) Turkey's and its nearby region's biggest wood-cased pencil manufacturer
5) If put side by side, the products manufactured by Adel can go around the world.
6) Partnership Status: Anadolu Group 57%, Faber-Castell AG. 15,40%, free float rate 22,6%, small partners 5%
7) 390 employees (150 office, 240 production)
Rate of top-end women employment in Adel: 33%
8) Faber-Castell brand awareness 100%, Adel 85%, Adeland 61%
9) 9 out of 10 consumers use a product branded as Adel Kalemcilik.
10) Stationery dealers recommend Faber-Castell most.
11) Entered into Toy industry with 5 brands in 2015.
* Quality lead (ø 2.8 mm.) * Bright colours * Easy sharpening * 2 different artworks on boxes ...
* High quality * Solvent free, non-toxic * Washable from most textiles * Ideal for general...
* Lively and bright colours with good covering on paper and other surfaces * Unlimited tones by...
* Quality lead * Easy sharpening * HB degree of hardness * Special bonding system making the...