30.01.2016 - 02.02.2016 — Hall: 6.1 Stand: B 09
Francesco Pineider opened his first shop in Florence in 1774, in Piazza della Signoria, facing Michelangelo’s David. It soon became the stationer of choice for the cultured and romantic European travelers thanks to the wide range of its European papers and the very high quality of its exclusive lithographic prints, produced from hand-engraved dies.
Some historical invitations tell us that Napoleon was among the clients of this historical Pineider shop, as well as many authors, artists and poets. Florence became the Italian Capital and Pineider started printing the first official guides to the city and soon became the favourite stationery for prestige communications, printed documents and personal cards.
When Rome became the Capital of the kingdom, Pineider was already the official supplier of the Italian Royal Family and the Savoy then asked Pineider to open a new shop in the Eternal City to cater for the needs of the Royal household.