10.02.2017 - 14.02.2017 — Hall: 6.3 Stand: C 31
The factory, called nowadays Irena Holding Group Sp. z o.o., was built in 1924 in Inowrocław. The development of domestic and gallery glass production has started in 1927 and still continuous.
at that date, Henryk Podkomorski became a new owner and created the name Irena. He was the owner until 1939. during that time, the factory grew in strength and had 3000 products in its offer, such as dishes’ and haberdashery glass made of white or colourful material, cut and liquor bottles, jars, lightening glass (gas and kerosene), perfume, cosmetic, pharmacy glass and technical accumu-lator glass.
Production of jars for domestic purposes: original “Weck” jars, licensed by Irena and jars for domestic purposes “Irena” and “patent Irena” used to be the specialty of the company.
During years of the development of Irena, the company gradually changed its profile of production from package and lightening glass to glass for domestic purposes and crystals.
the most important events in Irena’s history in a shortcut :
1958 elimination of package glass
1961 introduction of soda – potassium – calcium mixture into the process of malting, that enlarged the transparency and gloss of glass
1976 opening of a new crystal production department, built since october 1973
1979 completion of automatic soda glass production line
1981 uprising of state-owned company called Huta Szkła Gospodarczego
1991 privatization of Huta Szkła Gospodarczego and uprising of Huta Szkła Gospodarczego Spółka Akcyjna
1992 first quotation of Irena Glassworks’ stocks on stock exchange in Warsaw
1994 second issue of stocks
1995 opening of a new, modern line for the automatic production of crystal opening of the highest technology stove for smelting glass mass
1997 completion of soda stem glass production department
2000 building of a basin for smelting glass with platinum power supply adaptor, used for production of crystals . at the moment, Irena is the only glassworks in Poland using this technological solution
2002 opening of new decorating machine, that supplies work of a dozen or so decorators. the new decorating machine polish and cut crystals with comparable, high quality
2005 Irena joined Marian Kwiecień capital group
2007 Starting of new modern stemware production line “Olivotto”
2010 Board of IRENA declares the liquidation bankruptcy – the company is took over by the trustee Grzegorz Floryszak
2012 The factory is bought by group of international investors, who started renovation and modernization of company’s infrastructure and equip it with new, modern high technology production lines for production high quality glass products, which will be exported all around the world. The investors plan renew and activate all IRENA’ s production lines with full range of crystal, semi crystal and soda glass.