07.04.2016 - 10.04.2016 — Hall: 8.0 Stand: F 29
What is the Latvian Music Information Centre?
- The LMIC is a non-govern mental organisation founded in July 2002 by
- The Latvian Composers’ Union,
- The Latvian Academy of Music,
- The National Library of Latvia,
- The Latvian Concert Agency,
- The Latvian Association of New Music.
In 2003, music publisher Musica Baltica became a member of the Centre.
The LMIC's focus of activity is Latvian contemporary and classical music, composers, performers, concert organisers and devotees.
- The Centre's goals are:
- to popularise and promote Latvian music,
- to collate and disseminate information about it, within and outside Latvia,
- to coordinate Latvian music activities with all the organisations involved,
- to facilitate Latvia's involvement in the international music scene,
to promote the performance and publishing of Latvian music.
The Ministry of Culture has delegated its statutory function in music informa-tion to the Centre, and finances the Centre's activities.
What are the Centre's activities?
The LMIC provides information not only on Latvian composers and their works, but also on the Latvian music scene - concerts, festivals, competitions and music institutions. The Centre facilitates contacts between foreign and Latvian music institutions, composers, performing artists, music publishers and the media. The LMIC takes care of Latvia’s representation at international music exhibitions and fairs, publishes CDs and informative materials.