04.05.2015 - 07.05.2015 — Hall: 3.0 Stand: C 05
MESDAN® S.p.A. - Italy, since 1952 is a renowned manufacturer of YARN SPLICERS for knotless yarn joining as well as LABORATORY QUALITY CONTROL TESTING equipment for textiles.
The division dedicated to the production and marketing of Laboratory equipment is branded Mesdan-Lab.
In its product portfolio there is a wide range of testing equipment used for the QC of technical textile and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
The main testing parameters that can be assessed in this field with the Mesdan-Lab range of products are referred to:
- Perforation, strength (up to 50kN capacity), fatigue (cycle testing) and elongation
- Air permeability
- Water permeability
- Water vapor absorption and coefficient
- Static electricity
- Wear and abrasion (Martindale) as well as flexion
- Impact and abrasion (for sport clothes and accessories)
- Glove Cutting (according to EN-388)
- Vertical Flammability (in conformity to major ISO standards)
- Coating (sample preparation)
- Polymerisation (with humidity and temperature control)
- Washing and dimensional stability
- Color fastness (rubbing, sunlight, ecc)
- Moisture content & humidity
- Sample cutting and weight measurement
- PH assessment, ecc.
Furthermore, Mesdan-Lab is the exclusive distributor in the Western part of Europe of MTNW (Measurement Technology North West – USA), famous manufacturer of measuring equipment for the Thermal & Psychological comfort of fabrics and garments (Sweating Guarded Hot Plate, Manikins, etc).
At the forthcoming TECHTEXTIL show in Frankfurt (24-26 May 2011) Mesdan® will exhibit:
· a complete range of knotters and yarn Splicers (Jointair ® – Aquasplicer ® – Hot Jointair ®) for industrial yarns such as Carbon, Aramids, Tyre
cord, Glass fibre, Carpet yarns, Sewing threads, yarns for Artificial grass, etc.
· a variety of QC equipment (strength, elongation, perforation, flammability, tear, abrasion, cutting, moisture, comfort, etc).
Among the equipment on display, a highlight:
ELMATIC, fully automatic digital Elmendorf tear tester characterized by:
· Measuring range 200 - 30.000 cN for fine and heavy-duty materials (textiles, leather, paper, plastic, etc).
· Automatic pendulum identification and fully automatic execution of tear test:
1. automatic cut of the specimen
2. automatic release of the pendulum
3. automatic tear of the specimen
4 automatic measure of the tear force
5. automatic stop of the pendulum
6. automatic reposition of pendulum in the starting position
· Complete safety cover with safety lock during testing operation until pendulum swinging is terminated
· Large LCD display, PC & printer connection
· Results can be expressed in a variety of different units (N, Kg, LBS, etc)
· ELMATIC software for data storage, graphic and statistic elaboration of results
· High accuracy (0,09 degree) and results repeatability
· In conformity with major International testing Standards
· Supplied complete with 2 Pendulums and 2 Check-weight
· High productivity (about 150 tests could be executed in 15 minutes!)
· Produced and designed in Italy
Mesdan will showcase in Hall 30, booth °J 23, you’re welcome!
MESDAN, Italy, will showcase at Techtextil in Hall 3.0, booth J23 the following equipments :
Mesdan Lab Division, Laboratory testing equipment for fibres, yarns, fabrics, leather and non-wovens, with particular focus on technical textile applications, namely:
- Air Permeabiltity Tester
- Vapour Lab; water vapour permeability testing
- Video Analyser, for advanced microscopic analysis of all kind of materials;
- Heavy Duty Digital Elmendorf (new), digital tearing tester;
- Vertical Flammability Tester (new), for flame propagation assessment;
- Tenso-Lab 5000 (new), universal strength tester capacity 50KN (5.000Kg);
- Glove-Cut Tester, for the measurement of cutting properties of protective gloves;
- Static-Lab Tester, to measure the static electricity properties of fabrics, leather, etc
- Sweating Guarded Hot Plate - SGHP (new), MTNW “skin-model”, for thermal resistance and vapour
permeability of textiles,
- Martindale (new version), wear-abrasion and pilling tester.
Mesdan Yarn Joining Division, hand-operated yarn splicers for knot free yarn, joining of industrial
yarns, a selection of yarn splicers/knotters will be on display such as:
- Jointair 110M, for fine filament yarns (like POY, DTY, air-bag yarns, etc...),
- Jointair 116K, for coarse filament (such as glass fibre, carbon, etc…) and carpet yarns,
- Jointair 116G (new), for very coarse technical yarns,
- Jointair 124, for high-tenacity yarns (like Aramid or similar),
- Jointair 4941A, for plied industrial yarns (like sewing threads, tyre cord or similar),
- Loop Knotter 093, for suture-surgical threads, labels-tags knotting, etc…
- Illman, the “wrapping splicer” for industrial yarns (artificial grass yarns, etc...)