Lumi-Con Lighting Technologies
The SC4-DIMMER module can be connected directly to mains voltage (AC 230V, 50Hz) without using a transformer. It can drive up to 48 white LEDs at a current up to 350mA. The LED power is controlled via the touch pads or the control pins. A touch pad is a simple metal surface electrically connected to the touch inputs. The controller incorporates DIMMER and ON/OFF operation.
As shown in figure 2 above the module consists of an internal power supply, the controller as well as up to three drivers operating as switched mode LED supply. The power supply generates a 3.3V supply as well as the DC supply for the LED switch mode controller from mains voltage. During stand-by-operation (LED power off) only 0.2W are consumed which accumulates to only 0.9kWh per year and fulfils the EU directive EuP 2005/32/EG (ECO Design of Energy Using Products). Versions with serial SPI or UART interface are available.
The controller monitors the touch inputs and/or control inputs and controls the switch mode controller generating the LED current. During DIMMER operation the average DC LED current can be varied from minimum to maximum current (up to 350mA).
- 3-in-1 function: Touch-Dimmer, LED-Controller and mains power supply
- Triple LED-driver: 3 independent LED-Controller
- Controlling DIMMER- and ON/OFF via touch sensor or push button
- Controlling up to 48 high power LEDs directly from mains voltage (230V≈)
- Up to 23W electrical LED power
- Digital storage of Dimmer value
- Soft ON/OFF
- Integrated EMI filter compliant to EU standards
- LED-current regulation and LED-voltage supervision
- Low power consumption – high efficient buck controller
- Very low stand-by power consumption of 0.2W (all LEDs off)
- Automatic adaptation to number of connected LEDs
- Optional SPI or UART Interface – prepared for DMX
- IP20 (dry ambient)
- Controlling LEDs for Lighting
- Colour mixing and colour temperature control of lamps
- Suitable for high power LEDs up to 350mA
- Electrical power of up to 23Watt for more than 2000 Lumen light output with state of the art LEDs