PLM - Product Lifecycle Management
Achieving profitable growth , shorter cash-to-cash cycle times, as well as being fast and right “first time” in designing collections that are balanced with a company’s strategic and financial targets are the challenges of apparel manufacturers and retailers. Today PLM is widely acknowledged as top performance driver and a necessity in addressing these challenges.
TXTPERFORM2008 Fashion and Apparel PLM covers all the processes from design to store bringing an enhanced experience in areas such as product data management, collection development, supplier collaboration and the integration with demand and merchandise management related activities. Workflow and Performance Management functions drive the organization towards achieving key milestones and metrics thus enhancing control and responsiveness in the process.
The benefits of TXT’s extended PLM approach are significant
- Reduce product failure risks. Merchandise-driven PLM enables companies to be one step closer to the customer designing the right products first time and, at the same time, to achieve complete adherence to budget guidelines
- Reduce material costs through raw material re-use across styles and divisions
- Streamline workflows through cross-functional collaboration and a tighter control on processes
- Reduce lead times as much as 50% which results in terms of increased shopper frequency, sales and margins.
Some results achieved by TXT’s PLM customers:
- +8% sales growth
- -10% reduction in time to market
- -50% reduction in stock outs
TXT was ranked positively by the largest technology advisory company and positioned among the leaders in PLM for Apparel and Fashion solutions.